LET'S SEXY FIGHTING

Let's listen to some new music. And fight...sexily.


PETER BJORN AND JOHN AND THE SHINS


Looks like The Shins turned over their master tracks for "Australia" to Peter Bjorn and John for some remixin' action. The remix doesn't stray too far from the original - the structure remains intact with Peter Bjorn and John dropping in modified bass lines and guitar parts. For the most part, I'd say it was pretty successful in adding a PB&J twist to the song, except for the slightly weak bridge. You guys had a chance to throw in more whistling and you blew it!

The Shins - Australia (Peter Bjorn And John Remix)

Peter Bjorn And John official site
Peter Bjorn And John on MySpace

Labels: , , ,

3 Responses to “PETER BJORN AND JOHN AND THE SHINS”

  1. # Blogger Blonde on Blonde

    Everyone needs to watch My Life On The D-List on Bravo. That show is brilliant, Kathy Griffin is so funny. Her stand-up is so hilarious! The best is when she makes fun of celebrities, so great.  

  2. # Blogger Tim Blurg

    I'd disagree ... it's a subtle change, to be sure, but the remix changes Australia to a predominantly minor-key mix, which I actually think is pretty interesting.  

  3. # Blogger Let's Sexy Fighting

    Agreed, Tom, I do enjoy hearing the changes to the chord progression on the remix, but I thought they could have messed with the structure some. I also didn't especially like the bridge. That being said, I have been listening to it a lot regardless!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:

This site is for introducing people to new music. If you are an artist or a label that wishes to be removed, please contact me and I will remove the links.



© 2009 Let's Sexy Fighting