LET'S SEXY FIGHTING

Let's listen to some new music. And fight...sexily.


CROSS THE T'S AND DOT THE LOWERCASE J'S


I woke up this morning like the guy from memento - slightly confused and wondering where his wife was, not realizing she wasn't there because he had developed a memory problem and injected her with insulin 3 times in 5 minutes. That aside, time for a few tracks I have been enjoying recently...

Beirut - Elephant Gun
This song pretty much describes how I feel right now. Resigned, but optimistic. A slow build, it climaxes to a crescendo adding more instruments along the way before the brass section really takes off. It's not too much of a departure from Gulag Orkestar, but likewise, the arrangement seems to have tightened a little. The warbling trumpets are so expressive!

Klaxons - Atlantis To Interzone
Klaxons are like slightly more hyper Liars before they branched off into more noise. Sort of hear some Hot Chip in here. It definitely fulfills my requirements of noisy/messy vs. pop sensibilities. These guys are getting hyped up as all hell, and this song is a good reason why.

Frida Hyvönen - I Drive My Friend
A piano-driven song about a breakup. I haven't exactly worked out the story yet, but it seems like circumstances beyond her control are dictating the breakup and she's regretful about it. It's a lovely little ditty. Not sad or depressed, just upbeat-resigned, if that's a plausible explanation. Her US debut, "Until Death Comes" drops next Tuesday, October 24th.

PS. Don't go to google, search for "weightlifter" and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky".

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “CROSS THE T'S AND DOT THE LOWERCASE J'S”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Thanks for sharing the new Beirut song. I have a bootleg video of Elephant Gun and several other new Beirut songs on YouTube (actually I think he said one of the songs was a cover, but I can't remember which one). Here is the link if you are interested:

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E2E40A631DE8F850  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:

This site is for introducing people to new music. If you are an artist or a label that wishes to be removed, please contact me and I will remove the links.



© 2009 Let's Sexy Fighting