LET'S SEXY FIGHTING

Let's listen to some new music. And fight...sexily.


PRATIQUE


Pratique is a 4-piece from NY - they remind me of a poppier Dismemberment Plan sprinkled with bits of The Smiths. That being said, "Death For Blushing Rogue" starts out with a funky and unexpected bassline, jumps into the verse, and pops straight into a brit-pop chorus and a lovely bridge. I feel some cosmic connection in the guitar part to the Cake version of "I Will Survive" and "The Plot" by White Rabbits. What do you think?

Overall, thumbs up, but I'd like to hear more of the dissonant parts and un-cliched disco basslines as shown they are capable of.

Pratique - Death For Blushing Rogue

Pratique official site
Pratique on MySpace

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “PRATIQUE”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:

This site is for introducing people to new music. If you are an artist or a label that wishes to be removed, please contact me and I will remove the links.



© 2009 Let's Sexy Fighting