LET'S SEXY FIGHTING

Let's listen to some new music. And fight...sexily.



At 9:20 the lights went out, and after a short video, Arcade Fire took to the stage. Régine whipped out the hurdy gurdy, and she and the rest of the 10-man band went right into "Keep the Car Running".

It was amazing to see them keep up the energy throughout the entire set. From the dancing girls on strings to Régine switching between the keys, vibraphone, and megaphone all in the same song to Win climbing down to walk through the audience, it truly was awesome.

The smooth segue from "Neon Bible" into Clinic's "Distortions" was excellent. Also, the rocking transition from "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)" into "Rebellion (Lies)" got the crowd pumped up and ready for the encore.

For the encore, they came back with a freaky presentation of "My Body Is a Cage". At center stage there was a cardboard cutout of Win's body positioned in front of a microphone. Win was playing the organ in the dark while his face was projected onto the cutout's head. Following that, the bouncy ending of "Wake Up" was a perfect way to end the night.

Setlist:

Keep the Car Running
No Cars Go
Haiti
Neighborhood #2 (Laïka)
Black Mirror
Neon Bible
Distortions [Clinic]
In the Backseat
Intervention
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Ocean of Noise
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
The Well and the Lighthouse
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Rebellion (Lies)

Encore:

My Body Is a Cage
Wake Up

Videos:


"Keep the Car Running"


"Black Mirror"


"Intervention"


"Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"


"Rebellion (Lies)"


"My Body Is a Cage"


"Wake Up"

- predatory wasp

Labels: ,

2 Responses to “ARCADE FIRE @ ARLENE SCHNITZER CONCERT HALL 5/27”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Arcade Fire: A Neon Bible Study
    By David Buckna
    http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2007/s07030103.htm

    http://www.intervarsity.org/studentsoul/item/neon-bible
    Published on: May 25th, 2007
    Review of Arcade Fire’s Neon Bible
    ---
    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=42d691df-79e9-4756-a81f-e68db95f40ef&k=97258

    Arcade Fire sizzles in glorious Deer Lake setting
    Amy O'Brian, Vancouver Sun
    Published: Friday, May 25, 2007  

  2. # Blogger Where I Lived and What I Lived For

    Sweet videos!
    If you're up to it, I'd like to swap you audio for video. I've got a decent recording (a little crackle-y with the louder screaming and crowd swells... but it sounds damn fine!) If you are able, I'd love a dvd of the video you shot. I know that youtube quality goes downhill with all of the compression they require. I'm sure your original movies look much better. I would offer you big-ass files on dvd so there'd be no loss in quality.I'm not quite done transfering the whole show to my computer, but maybe a week or so? Let me know what you think.
    -Eric  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:

This site is for introducing people to new music. If you are an artist or a label that wishes to be removed, please contact me and I will remove the links.



© 2009 Let's Sexy Fighting