LET'S SEXY FIGHTING

Let's listen to some new music. And fight...sexily.


YEAR IN REVIEW: TOP 40 SONGS, #40 - #21


I wish I had the kind of editorial staff to have more detailed write-ups for each of these songs, but I simply don't have enough time! It's been a competitive year for singles - I originally wanted to have only a Top 20, but found myself unable to whittle down the list. So, we're stuck with 40! Check back tomorrow for part 2 (songs #20 - #1) of our feature, followed by Let's Sexy Fighting's top albums of the year on Friday!

Top 40 Singles:

40. Film School - On & On
Starts slow and moody, soars to a crescendo

39. Get Him Eat Him - Exposure
Pitchfork editor Matt LeMay's band. Their best song yet!

38. Islands - Rough Gem
When it's late you'll see the hole is empty

37. Lily Allen - Everything's Just Wonderful
I like this song better than mega-hit "Smile"

36. Turbulence - Notorious
A curveball for me, but give this chanting a chance

35. Xiu Xiu - Boy Soprano
Also, creepy 8-bit video

34. Tap Tap - Way To Go Boy
Drunky time at the carnival

33. Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push
Sorry son there's no skating here

32. The Futureheads - Skip To The End
Post punk + 4 part harmonies

31. Fujiya & Miyagi - Collarbone
the thigh bone's connected to what?

30. Girl Talk - Hold Up
Any song that uses pixies and weezer samples is ok in my book

29. Outkast - Morris Brown
I still have yet to see this movie

28. Cansei De Ser Sexy - This Month, Day 10
My non-indie rocker brazilian friend can pick out their accents

27. Colour Revolt - A New Family
Several solid songs on this EP, I went mellow

26. The Knife - Forest Families
MUSIC TONIGHT

25. Shout Out Out Out Out - Dude You Feel Electrical
Man, that vocoder is really making the rounds

24. Professor Murder - Free Stress Test
More cowbell!

23. The Hold Steady - Chips Ahoy!
We finished six lengths ahead

22. Junior Boys - In The Morning
So cold, yet sexy

21. Oxford Collapse - Please Visit Your National Parks
You should be standing next to me!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Responses to “YEAR IN REVIEW: TOP 40 SONGS, #40 - #21”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:

This site is for introducing people to new music. If you are an artist or a label that wishes to be removed, please contact me and I will remove the links.



© 2009 Let's Sexy Fighting